Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chef Fight Club....Some of the best feuds in the food world!

So with all the business with Anthony Bourdain and the Travel Channel I got to thinking about how many feuds exist between other chef. So I started with EATER and The Braiser and here are my top 5 favorite chef feuds!! Please not I am not trying to make mountains out of mole hills I just think some of this stuff is funny. Enjoy


5) Jose Andres v. Gordon Ramsey: I am the first to admit that I enjoy the trainwreck known as "Hells Kitchen". Every season seems to get worse. When Chef Jose Andres had taken to Twitter to voice his opinion of FOX "Hells Kitchen", ""Hells Kitchen is not making my profession look good. watching with daughters for first time, and I feel so ashamed! Don't treat people badly."

4) Alton Brown v. Adam Richman: Alton Brown slammed Man vs Food star Adam Richman for his "disgusting" show, in which he takes on local pig-out spots and their insane food challenges. "That show is about gluttony, and gluttony is wrong. It's wasteful. Think about people that are starving to death and think about that show. I think it's an embarrassment." My favorite thing was when The Food Network had Adam Richman as a judge on IRON CHEF.

3) Jamie Bissonnette v. Anthony Bourdain: Most people do not know Jamie Bissonnette. I wish I could live in Boston and work under him.  Bissonnette finds Bourdain to be highly entertaining but skewed in his perspective on Boston: "That fuckin' prick comes to Boston and he doesn't go to any restaurants, and he goes to fucking dive bars in Southie and then he goes on to say that Boston doesn't have any good fucking restaurants?

2) Eddie Huang v Marcus Samuelsson: Huang's main point seems to be that Red Rooster isn't true to Harlem in any sense. By presenting "upscale" soul food at a premium, Huang argues that the restaurant is both misguided and condescending. "By catering to diners outside Harlem and talking down to the ones who live there -- promising things like "elevated" soul food -- he treats the place like a museum exhibit," Huang writes. "He speaks in stereotypes, desperately trying to capture snapshots of villagers dancing, praying and bespoke-suiting to display in this playhouse of a restaurant."

And last but not least and my favorite feud is....
1) David Chang v. San Francisco Chefs: During a Q & A with Anthony Bourdain at the 2009 NYC Wine and Food Fest, Bourdain asked Chang about food trends that he hates. His response:"F***in' every restaurant in San Francisco is just serving figs on a plate. Do something with your food." After the SF Asia society cancelled a book tour event due to the comment, Chang stood his ground saying, "Why would people get upset? I'm not gonna retract what I said. I think everybody needs to chill out. People need to smoke more marijuana in San Francisco."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment