Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kitchen To The Shop And Back To The Kitchen

So I have been working as a full time barber since November of 2011. Over the last year I have had a rough time providing for my family doing what I love.

About a month ago I was offered a job working in two local restaurants  (owned by the same family).

I took this job knowing I would have to cut my time in the barbershop way back but I would also be seeing a steady weekly paycheck.

What started as a job at there pizza joint working as a  front of house shift lead has turned into me working as a prep cook in the kitchen of there restaurant.

Before becoming a barber I  worked as a line cook at Mizuna in Spokane,wa. But the truth is that it has been a few years. Close to 8 years to be exact.

I do not feel like I am starting from scratch but I am definitely able to say man I am out of  practice!

I am not sure what's to come but I am enjoying my time in the kitchen. I am working with and for some good people and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment