Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Night....Food Truck Night

So it is Sunday night and that means family time in front of the t.v. watchng The Great Food Truck Race (Sunday at 9 pm on the Food Network). So I figured that tonight would be the best night to post tonight blog.

On Tuesday as already written @BethDoesHair and I were in Los Angeles and we were going to head home but made a change of plans when we caught wind the Grill Em All truck was going to be in Northridge,CA at what is called Din Din A Go Go.

BEAST- Grill Em All Truck-Northridge,CA
So we got to Northridge a little early (Din Din A Go Go started at6:30) and the trucks were already showing up  but none had opened yet. Tables and chairs were being set up as all the trucks were pulling in (I think I counted 10 trucks setting up). As son as we go parked went straight for the Grill Em All line and as the line grew all I see are people showing up and hanging out like it is a weekly ritual for some of these people. I told beth what I wanted and then wandered around just to get an idea of what kind of trucks had shown up.....I was amazed!! I told Beth next time we come down to LA I am going to bring enough cash to eat at as many trucks as I can.

MOLLY HATCHET-Grill Em All
This was the second time Beth and I had eaten at Grill Em All. Our Valentine's Day Dinner was spent in LA at a food truck meet up (romantic huh). My goal is to get through their whole menu but I could only get dinner for Beth and I. This time around I had the Waste Em All with fries and a garlic aoli. So the bun reminded me of a potatoe roll, onions were soaked in beer and really sweet and had these green chili's and a pepperjjack cheese. The burger was so good. Then there was the Molly Hatchet.(beth ordered this)....It is like breakfast in a burger. Same kind of bun but it had bacon, mape syrup and a seared fennel sausage gravy. You heard me correct..Seared Fennel sausage gravy!!! I was so full but I will be honest I could of eaten more because there was so much good food in trucks.

Enjoy the pictures of some of the other trucks that were there. This is a trend that I am hoping will not fade away because the idea of suck good food coming out of a truck makes me very happy!!

WASTE EM ALL-
Grill Em All
Grill Em All Menu


   

No comments:

Post a Comment