Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On The Road....FEED ME!!!

   First I want to congratulate Paul Qui for winning season 9 of Top Chef:Texas...Now on to business!

   I have a long history of working as a promoter within the hardcore scene. I am not talking about huge giant tour packages  trying to make fat cash but small venues, touring bands, local bands...etc. even if the shows were not mine I was connected with shows somehow. When working with bands I always had a couple of stipulations: 1)Local bands did not get paid
                                              2)Out of towns got traveling expenses 
                                              3)Will always find a place for you to sleep (hotels or homes)
                                              Last and most important....YOU WILL BE FED!!!

   Please understand, I have never ripped off a band. I have always worked my ass off for bands and oh yeah I HAVE NEVER FED A BAND PIZZA FROM LITTLE CEASERS!!! Not all touring bands have the privilege of a "rider" being told that they want or need. I have seen a habit of bands not getting fed and for me this sucks. When a band is on the road and all they eat is crappy food a good home cooked meal say a hell of a lot!!

Me feeding the masses 

    I have some of the best memories connected with food and bands....barbeques after shows so a band can eat before getting back on the road, bands coming together for a home made pasta and bread before a show, tri tip and potatoes...etc. Also if a band sleeps on your floor take the time to fix them breakfast. A stack of pancakes or waffles with some bacon or sausage goes along way for a band getting ready to drive half a day!! They guys have a budget to survive on!!!

    I have had the opportunity to feed and hang out with some great bands like Ramallah, Death Before Dishonor, The Koffin Kats, 25 Ta Life, Leaders, Swimming with Tsunamis, Fight Like Hell and others.

    All I have trying to say is that if you do shows take the time to feed a band....They like to eat and trust me in the end they will appreciate it!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment